A childless baker and his wife endeavor to lift their family curse by journeying into the woods, where they encounter Rapunzel (and her witchly “mother”), Cinderella, Jack (of Beanstalk fame), Little Red Riding Hood and other classic fairy tale characters, and they all must learn the responsibility that comes with getting what you want. Into the Woods was nominated for ten 2002 Tony Awards, including Hilferty’s first nomination for “Best Costume Design (Play or Musical).” The production won the Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical.
- Broadhurst Theatre, New York, NY
- 2002 LA Ovation Award - Nomination
- 2002 Drama Desk Award - Nomination
- 2002 Tony Award - Nomination
- 2002 Henry Hewes Design Award - Winner