Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz is currently the 10th longest running Broadway show of all time. Based on Gregory Maguire’s 1995 novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, Wicked is set before we meet Dorothy in L. Frank Baum’s classic book, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
The musical gives audiences a glimpse into the unlikely bond between Glinda, the “Good” witch and Elphaba, “the wicked witch of the west.” Despite opposing backgrounds, personalities and viewpoints the two become best friends while at school. Their friendship is put to the test as they face corrupt government, romantic rivalries and their own ideas of what is “good.”
Winner of numerous Tony and Drama Desk Awards as well as a Grammy and multiple international awards and nominations, Wicked, has proven to be a worldwide sensation.
The original Broadway company included Tony Award winners Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, Norbert Leo Butz, and Joel Grey.
- Gershwin Theatre, New York, NY
- 2009 Helpmann Award for Best Costume Design
- 2004 EDDY Award for Excellence in a Theatrical Production
- 2004 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Costume Design
- 2004 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Costume Design
- 2007 Olivier Award for Best Costume Design
- Wicked (UK/International Tour) (2016) Various,
- Wicked (Brazil) (2016) Teatro Renault, São Paulo, Brazil, South America
- Wicked (Korea) (2013 - 2014 ) Charlotte Theater, Seoul, Korea, Asia
- Wicked (Australasian National Tour) (2013 - 2015 ) Various,
- Wicked (Mexico City) (2013 - 2015 ) Teatro Telcel, Mexico City, Mexico, North America
- Wicked (UK/IRE National Tour) (2013 - 2015 ) Various,
- Wicked (Australian Tour) (2011) Various,
- Wicked (Netherlands) (2011 - 2013 ) AFAS Circus Theatre, Scheveningen, Netherlands, Europe
- Wicked (Asian National Tour) (2011 - 2012 ) Various,
- Wicked (2nd North American National Tour) (2009 - Present ) Various,